19 agosto, 2012 in call of works
‚ÄúSound is all around us ‚Äď listen‚ÄĚ
Octopus Collective are offering a number of micro commissions during 2012 consisting of a series of 30 or 60 minute live broadcasts from our Piel View House studio space. We are seeking proposals for sound works which are suitable for and explore/examine/poke the possibilities and potential of radio as a space for arts activity.
We encourage artists to broadcast live from the radio studio at our HQ in Barrow Park or, if this is impractical, we will accept pre-recorded or live-streamed pieces of work from anywhere in the world.
In particular we are looking for original works which play with the idea of ‚Äėspace‚Äô or ¬†‚Äôspaces‚Äô (personal, private, public, internal, external, dramatic, musical, poetic, political, etc.) and to this end we will be broadcasting the programmes binaurally for listening on headphones.
Types of work could include but are not restricted to:
- soundscape recordings (modified or not)
- spoken word
- sound art
- live studio discussion/debate
- works recorded or produced binaurally, ambisonically or in multi-channel format.
There is a small fee of ¬£100 for each broadcast and an additional ¬£50 towards travel expenses for applicants wishing to broadcast from our studio space in Barrow-in-Furness.
- The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT on Friday 28th September 2012.
- Successful applicants will be notified by no later than 17:00 GMT on Friday 12th October.
- Broadcasts will run from late October 2012 until March 2012 every second Friday of the month.
Feel free to contact us for more information or with any enquiries.