“Sound is all around us – listen”
Octopus Collective are offering a number of micro commissions during 2012 consisting of a series of 30 or 60 minute live broadcasts from our Piel View House studio space. We are seeking proposals for sound works which are suitable for and explore/examine/poke the possibilities and potential of radio as a space for arts activity.
We encourage artists to broadcast live from the radio studio at our HQ in Barrow Park or, if this is impractical, we will accept pre-recorded or live-streamed pieces of work from anywhere in the world.
In particular we are looking for original works which play with the idea of ‘space’ or ’spaces’ (personal, private, public, internal, external, dramatic, musical, poetic, political, etc.) and to this end we will be broadcasting the programmes binaurally for listening on headphones.
Types of work could include but are not restricted to:
– soundscape recordings (modified or not)
– spoken word
– sound art
– live studio discussion/debate
– works recorded or produced binaurally, ambisonically or in multi-channel format.
There is a small fee of £100 for each broadcast and an additional £50 towards travel expenses for applicants wishing to broadcast from our studio space in Barrow-in-Furness.
– The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT on Friday 28th September 2012.
– Successful applicants will be notified by no later than 17:00 GMT on Friday 12th October.
– Broadcasts will run from late October 2012 until March 2012 every second Friday of the month.
Feel free to contact us for more information or with any enquiries.